Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Freelance Writing Venture

So my closest friends and family know that my dream job is to be a freelance writer and let me tell you it is a very hard market to crack into but then again I haven't been trying as hard as I should be. I know this because 1. I'm addicted to farm town, 2. I love TV and 3. I'm easily distracted. So I've decided to do a few things; quit farm town, continue watching TV, and focus. Did you notice, I'm not doing anything about my TV addiction? This is because my husband would leave me if I gave up TV or watched less of it. If you know my husband you understand this statement.

So I'm sure you're wondering what exactly have I done to pursue this dream. Truthfully, very little. It's actually only one thing I've done. I posted my resume and service ad on Craig's List. I got one potential hit off of it from a local web design company but I had less experience than the others. The guy told me I would likely get it based on my personality than my work. Is that good or bad? I'm going to say it's good, don't tell me otherwise...I need to stay positive. Oh you know what I just realized...this blog is a step in the right direction. This hones my writing skills and if needed, I have content to send to potential employers.

So now that I've brought my lack of trying to light what steps should I take? Do you have any idea? Do you know of anyone that needs editing/proofreading/Tech writing work? This is basically a cry for help. I'm open to suggestions and criticism...keep the criticism to a minimum...I'm a sensitive soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment