Thursday, June 18, 2009

Spousal Drama

So This morning in my blog I had more in there than what is currently there. This is what I deleted:

Let me tell you all something before you have children, discuss everything with your significant other. Ensure you're both on the same playing field because if you don't you're going to run into problems.

Riley and I have been going back and forth now, since Maria was born, about jobs and child care options. My stance is, I will not allow Maria to be watched by a stranger, I just won't. She is too little and she needs to be cared for by people I know and trust. I want someone to treat her as their own and not a chore. Riley is of the opinion if I get a job where they don't allow me to have the days off I need or they won't be flexible with my schedule then Maria has to go to a sitter, no if ands or buts. I know Riley is just thinking of options but we've talked about this so much and he continues to bring it up and it really upsets me. I tell him I don't want to talk about this because he already knows how I feel and I know we'll fight about it. If you know me I don't budge when I've decided on something and this is one decision I made long before I had kids.

People have certain philosophies. Some are obvious and some develop over time. This one was obvious, it was like I never knew any other option. I know I may sound stubborn and obnoxious but it's worth it to keep my baby safe. I'm not saying Riley isn't concerned about her safety, he just has other ideas and I respect them I just wish mine were respected.

I apologize for getting so personal in this blog but I'm hoping my husband will read it. If you see that this blog is gone tomorrow or even by this afternoon it's because he asked me to take it down or I had second thoughts about publishing it.

This is my retraction:

I would like to apologize to Riley for being a crazy lady and jumping down his throat (I know he was just thinking about the future and he really likes being prepared for anything), but I would also like him to acknowledge that he only wanted a place, didn't care where, that would watch Maria when we had to work...admit it Riley. But I turned it around and did the "smart Becca thing" (I'm quoting my bff, Morgan), I did research and found two fantastic places to take her to learn and be cared for at the same time. In my head, day care was these little kids crying in the corner and no one there to pick them up and sooth them. So sad right, it made me cry to think about my baby girl in a corner crying for her mama and I'm not there to pick her up and make her feel better, ugh just heart breaking. So anyway my research turned up Springstone Montessori (Carmel Ave. location) and Los Ninos Montessori. If you have a chance look them up online, you'll be impressed.

So this is for Riley...I'm sorry baby, I ya you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment