Friday, June 19, 2009

Mom and Dad's New Stage

Retraction to my retraction:

Riley very much cared where Maria went. He was just thinking about, for the moment, getting me to agree on day care and then we would work out the specifics.

So my parents are starting a new stage in their lives, it's called simplifying. They are moving into an RV. The RV is a 28 footer, brand new, and they found a beautiful RV park off of Rio Grande right on the bosque. They are picking up their RV next week and will be moving out of our house. They have been living with us for about three months and they have been really helpful with paying utilities and contributing in so many other ways, not to mention watching Maria when we have to work or want to have a date night. They will be missed but I think it's good for all of us to have our own space. I think the hardest thing for them is not seeing Maria everyday like they do now. And the hardest thing for us is the help with the baby. If I need to shower or just need a minute I won't be able to say "hey mama, can you hold Maria for a little bit." But I think we will all manage, it'll just take some getting used to.

So here's to my mom and dad and their new venture. Good luck and thank you for everything you've done!

No comments:

Post a Comment