Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Carbohydrate Addicts Diet: Day 1

Yesterday was Day 1 of the new diet.

First let me start by explaining the diet:

It's called The Carbohydrate Addicts Diet by husband/wife doctors. So here's the premise. You eat little to no carbs for breakfast and lunch, and what's considered a little bit of carbs is less than 4 grams per serving. So you have your breakfast and lunch and then you have dinner, which is called your "reward meal."

Now the deal with the reward meal is you have to eat it within 60 minutes. The great thing about that is that it can be anything you want. You can have carbs, you can have dessert, and you can have beer (this is why Riley likes the diet).

So here's what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast - Carl's Jr. put together an omelet of eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheese. Yummy

Lunch - beef/cheese stick combo, and another cheese stick (this was a terrible lunch because it wasn't enough to eat and it wasn't balanced. It's my fault I didn't plan ahead)

Snack - 7 to 14 pepperonis

Dinner - fried fish, tater tots, salad (spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, croutons, and balsamic dressing)

Dessert - McDonald's Cherry Pie (Riley surprised me) and a few bites of Dulce De Leche ice Cream (my favorite)

Beverages - 1 cup of whole milk, and a big glass of generic crystal lite.

So all in all I didn't too bad. I really went all out on the Reward meal because I was STARVING!!

Ugh, just as I was typing I was offered a doughnut, but I will stand strong and not pass through the threshold of tasty deep fried dough with sweet sticky icing. Oh how I love doughnuts.

Anyway back to my blog. I'm on day two and I'm much more prepared.

Day Two Menu:

Breakfast - Riley made me two eggs (scrambled) and 4 slices of bacon and a big glass of orange crystal lite (generic)

Lunch - salad (left over from last night) with canned white chicken breast and a cheese stick and ten sprays of my balsamic salad dressing

snack - beef/cheese stick combo

Dinner - We'll See!!

Now another thing you have to do is weigh yourself everyday for the first two weeks of the diet, but I've chosen not to do that, I just want to see if my clothes start fitting big, that's my goal!!

In other news our Christmas tree is up and so pretty. It's a 9 footer with white lights and the prettiest ornaments. I love Christmas and especially this Christmas because it's the first one with my baby. I hope everyone has a wonderful December 1st and I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment