Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Best Friend Time is Very Much Needed

I get to see my best friend Morgan once a year and that annual event is coming up. She will be here Dec. 17th and I am super excited. Not only do I get to have girlfriend time, which is very much needed, but she gets to meet my daughter for the first time and it's such a big deal because Morgan is like my sister. She will get to hold my hita, she'll get to change a dirty diaper, she'll get to have fun with her and most of all she'll get to love her. I think what I look forward to most is seeing Morgan's face when she sees my Maria. I can't wait to see how she responds, the excitement, the light inside her that will turn on. I foresee Morgan and Maria having a connection such as Morgan and I do.

Now, Morgan meeting Maria isn't the only exciting thing happening when Morgan comes to town, I also get to meet her fiance for the first time. Morgan and Michael have had a torrid love affair that has spanned years, 3 to be exact and, and spanned a multitude of U.S. states. I still remember every giddy phone call about this mysterious man, every tear, and the day Morgan decided to get rid of everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, and head to the Northwest straight into her lovers arms.

So Morgan and I have been together since college and so many things have happened since then. She was there for me when I met and fell in love with Riley, all the happy/gory details of the pregnancy, and I was there for her through her divorce, the affair, and now as she has fallen in love with her Michael. Now the men can come and go but Morgan and I, we're here for the long haul.

I love you Morgan and I can't wait to give you a big ol' hug. Can you tell I miss you?

No comments:

Post a Comment