Monday, November 9, 2009

Disciplining a 9 1/2 month old...it just doesn't work


So yesterday I tried telling Maria "no" and I raised my voice a little bit and my poor little baby girl pouted her lip and completely broke my heart. Ugh talk about some guilt, guilt that could kill. So I picked her up and said I'm sorry baby and I looked at Riley and he's laughing because my little minion was totally playing me, she was smiling like she knew how to manipulate the situation. How is it that she knows how to do this? Are girls just born knowing how to do this?


So I know you're asking "why are you disciplining a 9 1/2 month old," well it was more like trying to get her to stop trying to grab a hot dish or stopping her from going for the shelves that could topple on her, so all this, NO, NO, NO ,is for her own good and safety, but is it really pointless at this age? When I say no she stops in her tracks sits on her cute little diaper padded butt and looks at me like WHAT MOTHER! The other day I said no, no, no and she stopped, turned toward me, and said "Na, Na, Na, in the exact same tone I did and she didn't just do it once, she did it twice. She's too smart for me already!!


So to all you moms out there; is it too early to scold and say no to a 9 1/2 month old?

No comments:

Post a Comment